Kokokaina

Today as I surfed YouTube, I noticed someone with familiar face on YouTube Music Spotlight. Hey, she’s KokoKaina! Congrats girl ,you’re on YouTube front-page!To be on YouTube Spotlight all of your videos got to be really highly-rated and she deserved it.

kokokaina
I first knew about KokoKaina (aka Zee Avi) from YouTube after a friend of mine introduced me to her videos. One that caught my ears was her “No Christmas for Me”.

KokoKaina - No Christmas for Me

I stunned when I first listened to this song, I thought “Is this for real? video is badly edited but her voice is too professional”. I asked my friend - “Are you sure this no lip-sync?”,”big music company promotional video?” – he convinced me with big NO, “That is her real voice. I followed her gigs everywhere”. From that moment, I became her fan.

Why would a pro like her post a great song with a great voice on YouTube? Why don’t she walk all way out into all those reality programs? I think the answer is – why should you waste your time, surround by all those contestants who are trying to show off with fake cuteness and giggles (or gedik in bahasa) – when you can use that time to promote and improve yourself to real audience, not to some crazy AF fans. If you are really good, then people out there will accept you and you will make millions $$ (not million).

Actually in our country, there are a lot of persons with good voice, able to write and sing own songs. Yuna, Che’Nell, Carburetor Dung (?). They highly believe in their potential as true performer. These gifted persons are fully aware – if they put themselves in those stupid competitions, they will be defeated. Not because lack of anything, but merely because they are not minah gedik and mat jambu enough to get few cheap votes.

minah gedik – female who thinks she acts stupid, when actually she is stupid.
mat jambu – male who doesn’t want to be stupid, but he doesn’t know what stupid is.


mr anon

2 comments:

F.S / (^_^) \ said...

Oh, i'm not a fan of AF or any other singing reality shows either..it gives me headache watching those kinds of shows:p and those kinds of people:p

And oh please mr anon..improve your English? While you already have SUCH fluency in writing? Seriously?;p

mr anon said...

haha! trying at my best ;)

I do think my vocabs are not that enough. I need to practice more.

Btw I hope Perak will get good conclusion tommrrw.

Clicky Web Analytics